Identity is a condition of being you and not me or any other person. God made you for right here, right now.
Uniquely Me – Uniquely You
In essence I am uniquely me and you are uniquely you and we are beautiful. How do I know? Because God doesn’t make any junk, only what is lovely and good. Life is messy; doubt and fear tarnish and distort what God made as good.
God can use any portion of scripture to speak directly to you and into your life. He calls you:
- Beloved – Colossians 3:12
- Child – John 1:12, Ephesians 2:19, Ephesians 1:5
- Friend – John 15:15
- Workmanship – Ephesians 2:10 Ephesians 3:19, Philippians 1:6,
- Chosen – Colossians 3:12, Ephesians 1:4 and 11
- Heir – Colossians 1:12, Titus 3:4-7
- Anointed – 2 Corinthians 1:21-22, 1 John 2:20
- Blameless – 1 Corinthians 1:8, Romans 1:12, Ephesians 1:4 and 8, Colossians 1:14
- the Righteousness of God – 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Citizen of Heaven – Philippians 3:20
- Member of the Body of Christ – 1 Corinthians 12:27
- the Temple of God – Ephesians 2:21, 1 Corinthians 6:19, Ephesians 2:22
- His Instrument – Colossians 1:12, Ephesians 6:4, Ephesians 5:21,
- Light To the World – Matthew 5:14, Ephesians 5:8-9, Act 1:8
- Protected – John 10:28, Philippians 4:7, 1 John 5:18
- Victorious – 1 Corinthians 15:57, 1 John 5:4, Romans 8:37
- Set Apart – Ephesians 1:13
- Blessed – Ephesians 1:3
- a New Creation – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- and much more.
Notice God does NOT call you ANYTHING negative!
This is my list to remember: copy it, use it, add to it, make one for yourself!
- Stop calling yourself what God does not call you.
- Stop remembering and thinking about the sin God has forgotten.
- Stop allowing your past sins to stand in your way, repent and move on
- Past sins prevent you from doing something now because you let them.
- Stop saying negative things about yourself
- Stop saying negative things about your family and those you love
Negative words can kill. They kill things like courage, confidence, and self-worth. They can kill trust and connection in relationships. I want the things I say to and about those I love to encourage and inspire not fester doubt.
Speak to and about yourself with life affirming, encouraging, and positive words
Proverbs 18:20-21 20 With the fruit of a man’s mouth his stomach will be satisfied; He will be satisfied with the product of his lips. 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. (NASB)
Ezekiel 37 Read about a valley of dry bones that came alive when Ezekiel spoke life
Proverbs 15:4 A soothing tongue is a tree of life, But perversion in it crushes the spirit. (NASB)
Listen to what God is telling you.
God can use other people; Christian believers or not to speak to you. God can use music and times of Worship to stir something within you. God can place events, circumstances, and signs that seem to catch your attention. When God is speaking, it is always associated with a sense of peace, calm, and the ability to complete it. A feeling of dread, gloom, or overwhelming burdens are not from God. If you are not sure, ask God. I think He was the first one to say there are no stupid questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Fear is from satan, God says to come BOLDLY to the throne, you can’t be bold and afraid at the same time.
Pray with me;
I forget how much You love me. Help me to remember. Open my eyes to see what gifts and talents You have given me. I have a story that is uniquely mine full of wonderful opportunities from a loving God who desires to call me friend. Thank You for drawing me to You. Thank You Lord for putting me here at this time; Show me how You see me. Teach me about the person You made me to be.
In Jesus name, Amen.
©2015, Elayne Cross