When a person first comes to Jesus, it can be compared to the first blind date in a new relationship; the history is short, but the future is bright and promising. Corporate worship at church is a platform for believers to communicate with God and to learn how to hear Him communicate with us.
Creating a personal attitude of a worship lifestyle is how we give thanks in all things and in all our ways acknowledge Him. The more history we have with Jesus, the more we are able to know the love He has for us. The more we love God, the better we get at loving others. A Worship lifestyle is acknowledging God in all things, His “worth-ship.”
Your body is called the temple of God because when you trust Jesus, He sends the Holy Spirit to live within you. The Holy Spirit speaks with your spirit, the part of you that desires a relationship with God. The Holy Spirit interacts and can influence your soul, the human part of you that is your thoughts, will, and emotions.
The Holy Spirit also gives each of us gifts. The first gift He gives each of us is the sense of completeness as that missing piece, the God-shaped hole in our spirits, is filled. The Holy Spirit assists you in living the Christian life. The evidence of this is a more keen awareness that some of the things that you enjoyed now seem wrong; that is the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
Another is in the fruit of the Holy Spirit; love, joy, peace, mercy and other responses seem more authentic than they did before. As you learn more about God’s character through worship, the Spirit’s fruit will become more abundant and effective in your life. Challenging situations become less challenging when you know more about trusting and depending on God through the Holy Spirit.
In response to all God has done for us, we worship. The worship lifestyle we develop as a result of the relationship we cultivate with Him. Some of the sweetest ways we communicate to God is when we acknowledge the abundant, expansive blessings and love that He has shown us. When the presence of God becomes profound, the cares and thoughts of life flee and the abundant grace of Heaven fills every space. Worshiping God for all He has done for us is not just an event but a mindset and a way of life.
Exposing a Worship Lifestyle
- When you accepted Jesus, the Holy Spirit came to live within you.
- When you go about your day and realize God does not ever leave you because He lives within you, you develop a lifestyle of worship.
- When you go to work and do what needs done, you worship by using the skills and abilities He has given you.
- When you come home to your family and love your spouse and children, you worship.
- When you collect your pay check, acknowledging God’s provision and gifts, you worship.
- When you honor and acknowledge the gifts and talents of others, you worship.
- When you do things for others or give your offering, you worship.
- When you sing praise to God, you worship.
- When you take time to learn about God and listen to His small voice within, you worship.
So as you prepare to attend Sunday Service keep in mind that you are in training to see and hear what God has for you. Then use the rest of the week to acknowledge God in all things, Worship!
Excerpt from my book Wounded Church to be published soon! Stay connected to read more about it.
Share your worship by commenting below a way or two you live out your worship lifestyle!